Tuesday, September 2, 2014

2. the learning myth

This is how I will try to run my classroom. Positive reinforcement is key to having successful students but it's interesting to know which positive reinforcement to use. Instead of congratulating them on what they know congratulate their progress. Congratulating what they already know is what a good test grade does, our job is to focus on letting the students know that we are proud that they worked so hard to get the grade they received and encourage them to strive towards a better grade. I believe this kind of thinking, making them think they are important, will help students with their grades and give them a motivation to want to learn and enjoy school.

2 comments:

  1. I agree completely! I would like to hear more of your thoughts on how to carry out this idea in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like when you talked about making them think they are important, because I feel that this is something not enough believe about themselves. However, I think we may need to focus not so much on the end grade because not all students will be able to receive A's or win first place at the science fair. They need to always be proud of their work as long as they did their absolute best.

    ReplyDelete